Sausages and Egg Lane Farm Muffin
I think you can all guess where the idea for this one came but Tony from Fitfatfunfood wanted to create a local tasty version. The recipe below is for one Muffin so multiply by the number of people. Enjoy!
- 2 Lane farm sausages of your choice
- 1/t tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh herbs - I used sage as its what I had available (Rosemary would be goo
- Optional pinch of chilli flakes and fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 toasted muffin (I used a Harvey and Co sourdough one)
- Slice of cheese - the cheap American style cheese melts well
- 1 egg
- Take the sausage meat out of the casings and mix with the pepper and optional chilli flakes and fennel seeds
- Form into a burger patty roughly the same diameter as the muffin
- Warm up the oil in a pan and gently fry the patty on both sides until cooked through - about 5 mons each side to make sure fully cooked through. Place the cheese on top so it starts to melt.
- Move the patty to the edge of the pan.
- Quickly whisk your egg and pour into the pan to make a quick omelette
- Spread mayo on one side of the muffin and ketchup on the other side
- Add omelette to the muffin, top with the patty and enjoy