A festive 'Big Pig' in Blanket
Around the festive period you can not go wrong with pigs in blankets. We love what Tony has created here using Sausage meat and streaky bacon creating a 'Big Pig' in Blanket. This would create a different style of a Roast or add it on to the side of a Roast Chicken or even Turkey. This is delicious served Hot and Cold
- 1 pack of your favourite Lane Farm sausages or Sausage Meat
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs - I like a mix of sage, rosemary and parsley
- a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 - 10 rashers of Lane Farm smoked streaky bacon
- A tablespoon of your favourite mustard
(Optional a tablespoon of cranberry or apple sauce)
- Take the sausages out of their skins (If using our Sausage Meat you do not need to do this) and add to a large bowl
- Add in the herbs and pepper. Mix really well with your hands and roll into a sausage about 8 inches long
- Place the rashers on a board slightly overlapping side by side
- Place the big sausage at aright angles in the middle so that the bacon can be wrapped around
- Spread the mustard along the length of the sausage. You can add the apple or cranberry sauce on top as well if using
- Pull the bacon rashers over the sauce to enclose the sausage and flip over so that the joins are underneath.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in oven at 180c for about 40 minutes - until juices run clear and bacon is golden and crisp.
Allow to cool a few minutes before slicing and serving
We would like to thank Tony from @fitfatfunfood once again for creating another delicious recipe. If you are not already doing so find him on Instagram he is always creating fabulous dishes.